South Indian Breakfast Semiya (Bambino, Vermicelli)
- Semiya – One bowl 100 gms
- Green Gram (Moong) Dal – 1/4 cup 50 gms
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Black Pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Jeera (Cumin) – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger – a small piece
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Asafotida Powder – 2 pinches
- Cashewnuts – few
- Green Chilli – 3-4
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
South Indian Food Recipes (Menu),
- In a Pan put a teaspoon of ghee and semiya. Fry till it somewhat turns light dark colored. Evacuate and keep it aside.
- Coarsely powder the pepper and cumin. Finely slash the ginger. Simply give an opening to the green chilli.
- Wash the Green Gram (Moong) Dal and include some water. Include a squeeze of turmeric powder, finely hacked ginger and cook it. When it is 3/fourth cooked, include the seared semiya (vermicelli) alongside salt. Mix well and close with a cover. Cook on low fire till all the water is assimilated and the semiya is cooked well.
- In a kadai put the ghee and when it is hot include cashew nuts, asafotida powder, pepper and cumin powder, opening green cchilli and curry clears out. Pour this flavoring to the cooked semiya and blend well.
- Serve with Gosthu or coconut Chutney.