How To Make South Indian Style Water Melon(Tharpoosani) Soup(Rasam)
- Water Melon – 1 Piece
- Tamarind – Big Gooseberry size
- Cooked thuvar dal – 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 2 pinches
Required Things To Grind & Fry
- Red Chillies – 4
- Coriander seeds (Dhaniya) – 1 tablespoon
- Thuvar dal – 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Jeera (Cumin) – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee or oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera (Cumin) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida Powder – 2 pinches
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Lemon Juice – few drops
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Remove the external skin and seeds from water melon (Tharpoosani). Cut it into huge pieces and crush it to a fine puree. We require some watermelon juice.
Absorb tamarind water and concentrate the juice. Take one glass tamarind water and keep aside.
Add enough water to the cooked thuvar dal and influence it to 1 to container dal water.
In a teaspoon of oil sear red chillies, coriander seeds, thuvar dal, peeper and jeeragam. Cool it and pound it to a coarse powder.
Put the tamarind water in a vessel. Include turmeric powder and salt. Convey to bubble.
When it begins bubbling, include water melon juice and again permit to bubble.
At that point include thuvar dal water. When it begins bubbling, include the coarsely ground powder and mix well.
Season it with mustard, jeeragam and curry clears out.
Remove from the stove.
Include few drops of lemon juice.
Topping with coriander leaves and few bits of water melon.
This water melon rasam is marginally sweet and sour. A few people additionally have it as a Soup.